Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Marius Neset and more...



Just by way of registering my continued existence, it was really good to see my Marius Neset feature making it to the cover of September's Jazz Journal. I'm sure that Neset has a great future ahead of him and I'll be assiduously following every step, but the sudden impact of his dramatic 'arrival' makes it slightly problematic to get a balanced perspective on his importance as an artist. Certain sections of the press have inevitably let their enthusiasms run wild, but I hope that my contribution (if nothing else) takes a balanced view.

Far from provoking a 'mouldy fig' revolt amongst readers, none other than Courtney Pine felt sufficiently moved to write in to 'One Sweet Letter' to register his approval!!





Very little else in the pipeline at the moment, and it even looks as though we'll miss our annual trip to the upcoming London Jazz Festival because I'm just so busy with work and study. I did however enjoy interviewing Jacob Karlzon on the back of his superb new CD 'More' (ACT Music), and hopefully that piece should be appearing in the next edition...

No comments: