Friday, 5 October 2007

Lift The Bandstand...



Not satisfied with running Afric Pepperbird, I'm also happy to now be a contributor at Lift The Bandstand, a blog with a difference.

The page aims to keep a number of active threads on the go simultaneously. Each will pose sometimes controversial questions about music in the hope of provoking debate and discussion. More like a forum than a conventional blog, and in my case at least the views I express don't always represent those of...myself!

Currently posted are threads on free improvisation, John Zorn and Bill Frisell. A look at the comments should tell you how short of readers we are, and also show that many of the opinions are deliberately provocative and lead the discussions off into unexpected areas.

Feel free to join in...

2 comments:

Kevin Parkinson said...

Nice Post Eh!

Ferdinand said...

I thought so, but it seemed to kill off Lift The Bandstand and now I'm not so sure!!