Wednesday, 11 April 2007

Point of Departure II

I've been pleased by the reaction to the holiday photos I posted earlier in the week. I admit that not many of them are what you'd call typical tourist views, but I definitely see myself as a 'point and shoot' snapper, using a good but basic compact camera and very little technique.

At one time I dabbled with 35mm, darkrooming and black & white. At least in my own mind I thought I knew exactly what to expect from every possible aperture and shutter speed setting. With more technique no doubt I could do better, but I do think that I have a basically good eye for a striking image.

Thoughts of the great and inspiring time I recently spent in South Africa remain fresh in my mind, so here are a few more to finish off the series...










































1 comment:

Lyra Day said...

You take beautiful pictures. I love them...